Standardized Test Prep
The Disciplined Minds Test Prep Method
The tutors of Disciplined Minds have over 170 years of combined experience preparing students for academic success in high school and college. They have harnessed this knowledge to create test strategies, approaches, tips, and techniques that ensure success.
SAT & ACT Courses & Bootcamps
SAT & ACT Course & Bootcamps
These 6-hour courses (three 2-hour classes) are meant to introduce the SAT to students who are new to the test. Strategies, test timing and a large amount of practice material are incorporated into each course. Homework will be assigned to give students practice applying the techniques discussed during the course. Student will also be able to take additional timed practice tests, under real test taking conditions, at our location at their leisure.
These two-hour courses are meant as a refresher course for students who are familiar with the SAT. The two hours will be spent on strategies that will allow the student to maximize score in each section (Math, Reading, or Writing).
What We Do For Test Prep
Our tutors will help students prepare for Standardized Tests, including SAT and ACT Tests, using the following techniques:
- Teaching strategies to break down difficult concepts into manageable parts
- Tailoring strategies to each student’s strengths and weaknesses
- Providing deliberate practice that focuses on improving areas of weakness and refining areas of strength
- Creating a practice schedule that will help students complete the steps necessary for success
- Teaching students to be metacognitive and make their learning visible